Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing in Melbourne and greater Victoria
- First Aid Training Group provides onsite drug and alcohol testing for a range of large and small businesses Australia-wide.
- We also offer a drop-in drug and alcohol testing service at our testing facility for pre-employment testing or for employees requiring written clearance before going on-site.
- Our Nationally Accredited professional Drug and Alcohol Screening Officers are available 24/7. As a result, we test factory workers, mining site employees, construction workers, truck drivers, airport staff and other staff, particularly in safety-sensitive roles.
Ph: 1300 705 002
We offer our highly professional drug and alcohol testing service in Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Horsham, Melbourne, Warrnambool and across Victoria!
Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing
Importantly, all of our testers are healthcare professionals I.e. Paramedics,
Emergency First Responders, Nurses – Specialists in the field and all with REAL-LIFE EXPERIENCE!
- Drug And Alcohol Testing Service
- We test Australia-wide!
- 24/7 testing
Testing is available for pre-employment testing, random testing, blanket testing, for cause testing and post-incident testing
Onsite urine testing for the 5 drugs listed under AS/NZS4308:2008 (Opiates, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines (prescription drugs). Marijuana (THC) with the addition of synthetic Marijuana.
Onsite oral (saliva) testing for 5 drugs listed under AS4760:2006. I.e. Opiates, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Methamphetamines, Marijuana (THC) with the addition of synthetic Marijuana.
- Instant results (only 2 – 3 minutes) and paperwork provided on the day of testing!
- Written report provided for all positive laboratory results
- Both male and female testing staff available to suit your requirements
- Policy assistance, implementation and guidance on regulations
- Our Qualifications
- Our professional and sensitive testing staff are all Nationally Accredited Drug Screening Officers trained in the latest Australian Standards AS/NZS4308:2008 & AS4760:2006.
Our testers have completed a comprehensive pathology training course in the correct procedures to follow under the Australian Standards.
Therefore, you can be assured that if any of your staff legally challenge the results, our procedure will not be questioned.
How Long Does It Take To Perform The Testing?
The products used by First Aid Training Group are the latest in drug and alcohol testing products. Drug testing devices utilise quick-wicking technology.
This means we get the results on-the-spot! The testing times below include completion of all paperwork and performing the drug screening test;
- Oral Saliva testing takes an average of 7 minutes per person
- Urine testing takes an average of 8 minutes per person
- Alcohol breathalyser testing takes an additional 1 minute!
- How often should you perform testing on our staff?
The aims of drug and alcohol screening in a workplace is to minimise/eliminate the presence of drugs and alcohol in the work environment.
Hence, we recommend testing 30-50% of all staff in the initial 3-6 months. You will then be able to gauge the level of drug and alcohol use present in the workplace and devise a testing schedule to suit.
The aim is to eventually eliminate drug and alcohol use in the workplace to provide a safe, drug-free working environment for all employees.
The laboratory we use is NATA certified to the latest testing protocols so you can be assured of quality confirmatory testing.