July 23, 2021 at 3:03 pm #14472Peter McMahonKeymaster
Did you know that the course codes for first aid will change as of 1st September 2021?
Every so often the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) undergo a series of reviews that may result in the release of new versions of the HLT Health Training Package.
As of 1st September 2021, First Aid Training Group will be implementing these changes, so we want to help you understand what this means for your first aid training.
What are the new course codes?
– HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation -> HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
– HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support -> HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
– HLTAID003 Provide First Aid -> HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
– HLTAID004 Provide and Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting -> HLTAID012 Provide and Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
– HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid -> HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
– HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation -> HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation & Oxygen Therapy
– HLTSS00027 Occupational First Aid Skill Set -> HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
What are the changes?
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid and HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting will include some new content and assessment tasks.
Why are these changes being made?
Due to ongoing medical research, legislative change, and continual improvement strategies, course content and learning outcomes need to be flexible and adaptable to change. Our courses are always providing you with the latest information and techniques.
What happens to my current first aid certificate with the old course codes?
Your Statement of Attainment will still be valid for its full duration until it expires, or you are due for an update. You will not need to redo the course until you are due for renewal.
Will the timings still be the same?
Yes, course duration will be the same as we have integrated the new requirements into our existing course structure.
Can I still complete some of my course online?
Yes, we are still able to offer our immersive online courses combined with short duration practical assessment, or if you prefer, you can still undertake a course through the traditional face-to-face method, with no online course required.
Will the new courses be more expensive?
No, we will maintain our current pricing structure.
Still have questions about these new changes?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.