This Course includes CPR, Level 1 & Level 2 First Aid
The Provide First Aid course – Level 2 First Aid – (HLTAID003) will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence required to provide a First Aid response, provide emergency life support, manage the casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community until the arrival of medical or other assistance. The course comprises both online pre-learning and face-to-face training.
A detailed description of the course can be viewed in the most recent version of the Competency Standard.
All of our trainers are healthcare professionals I.e. Paramedics,
Emergency First Responders, Nurses – specialists in the field, all with REAL-LIFE EXPERIENCE!
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and workplace procedures:
- Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC Guidelines, including:
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – 5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR – 5 cycles both compressions and ventilations on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- Followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- Followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least two simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- Conducted a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- Post-incident debrief and evaluation
- Provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
- Applied first aid procedures for the following:
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, sprains and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation techniques
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
Course Details @ Prerequisites
The one-day face to face training covers both theory and practical aspects of First Aid. Students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the course commencement or entry may be refused. There is a short multiple choice quiz at the end of the training covering the practical First Aid information learnt that day. Students will also be assessed on practical skills to pass the course. All students will receive a First Aid Manual.
Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance. If under 14, written consent must be provided by a parent / guardian.
First Aid Training Group also utilises an Advanced Student Management System to notify clients and students when certificates are due to expire, ensuring students are always compliant and competent.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
The HLTAID003 certificate is valid for three (3) years from the completion date. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Once enrolled, First Aid Training Group will email students a Provide First Aid Training booking confirmation with venue details and maps, course requirements and terms of enrolment.