This Nationally Accredited course provides the competency and knowledge required to administer restricted analgesics such as Methoxyflurane, Entinox and Paracetamol as a part of a medically supervised first responder organisation. State/territory licensing procedures for the storage and administration of drugs apply to this unit.
The application of this unit in the workplace covers the administration of restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin, according to medically endorsed protocols. It includes information about the use, storage and documentation of administration as well as ongoing monitoring of the casualty.
As a prerequisite, you must hold a current statement of attainment in HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support or HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
A detailed description of the course can be viewed in the most recent version of the Competency Standard.
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Certificate: 3 years
- Prerequisites: HLTAID002 or HLTAID003
- Cost: $220.00
All of our trainers are healthcare professionals I.e. Paramedics,
Emergency First Responders, Nurses – Specialists in the field and all with REAL-LIFE EXPERIENCE!
- Identify need for analgesia
- Contraindications and precautions for use of analgesic drug are identified and use being appropriate for casualty is confirmed
- Communicate with casualty to provide comfort and instruction in use of analgesic drugs as required
- Access and prepare analgesic
- Administer analgesic
- Perform casualty handover
- Complete analgesic use requirements
- Pain Management
- Storage and documentation
- Request for an ambulance and/or medical assistance according to relevant circumstances and report casualty condition
- Use literacy and numeracy skills as required to read, interpret and apply guidelines and protocols
The face to face training is 5 hours and cover both theory and practical aspects. There is a short multiple choice quiz at the end of the training covering the course theory learnt that day. Students will also be assessed on practical skills as a requirement to pass the course.
Students attending the Provide Pain Management course must hold a current statement of attainment in either; HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support OR HLTAID003 Provide First Aid. Students must also be at least 18 years of age at the time of attendance. (copy of current certificate to be provided at time of enrolment).
The PUAEME005A certificate is valid for 3 years or as required by Legislation, Local or Organisational Medical Standards. An annual refresher course is highly recommended.
Once enrolled, First Aid Training Group will email students a PUAEME005A booking confirmation with venue details and maps, course requirements and terms of enrollment.