This Course includes CPR & Level 1 First Aid
Participants will develop the skills and knowledge to recognise and respond to life threatening emergencies using basic life support measures. A detailed description of the course can be viewed in the most recent version of the Competency Standard.
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Certificate: 3 Years
- Prerequisites: NIL
- Cost: $120.00
All of our trainers are healthcare professionals I.e. Paramedics,
Emergency First Responders, Nurses – specialists in the field, all with REAL-LIFE EXPERIENCE!
Provide Basic Emergency Life Support training provides the necessary skills required to provide a first aid response including life support and the management of any casualties at the scene as well as management of other first aiders. The course comprises practical and face-to-face training.
The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in the elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role. There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and workplace procedures:
- Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC Guidelines, including:
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – 5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR – 5 cycles both compressions and ventilations on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedures, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
- applied first aid procedures for the following:
- allergic reaction
- bleeding control
- choking and airway obstruction
- respiratory distress, including asthma
Course Details & Prerequisites
The face-to-face training is 4 hours and covers both theory and practical aspects of Basic Emergency Life Support. Practical scenarios are performed using Prestan Manikins, the latest in simulation technology.
Students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the course commencement or may be refused entry. Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance. If under 14, written consent must be provided by a parent / guardian.
There is a short multiple choice quiz at the end of the training covering the course theory learnt that day. Students will also be assessed on practical skills as a requirement to pass the course. All students will receive a First Aid Manual.
First Aid Training Group also utilises an Advanced Student Management System to notify clients and students when certificates are due to expire, ensuring staff / students are always compliant and competent.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
The HLTAID002 certificate is valid for three (3) years from the completion date. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Once enrolled, First Aid Training Group will email students a Provide Basic Emergency Life Support Training booking confirmation with venue details and maps, course requirements and terms of enrolment.