Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing in Ballarat and Regional Victoria
|First Aid Training Group provides onsite drug and alcohol testing for a range of large and small businesses state-wide.|
|We also offer a drop-in drug and alcohol testing service at our Ballarat drug and alcohol testing facility for pre-employment testing or for employees requiring written clearance before going on-site.|
|Our Nationally Accredited professional Drug and Alcohol Screening Officers are available 24/7. As a result, we test factory workers, mining site employees, construction workers, truck drivers, and other staff, particularly in safety-sensitive roles.|
Ph: 1300 705 002
We offer our highly professional drug and alcohol testing service in Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Horsham, Melbourne, Warrnambool and throughout regional Victoria!
Importantly, all of our testers are healthcare professionals I.e. Paramedics, Emergency First Responders, Nurses – Specialists in the field and all with REAL-LIFE EXPERIENCE!
Drug and Alcohol Testing Service
- We test throughout Melbourne and Regional Victoria
- 24/7 testing
- Testing is available for pre-employment testing, random testing, blanket testing, for cause testing (reasonable suspicion testing), and post-incident testing
- Onsite urine testing for the all drugs listed under AS/NZS4308:2008 (Opiates, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines (prescription drugs), and Marijuana (THC).
- Onsite oral (saliva) testing for all drugs listed under AS4760:2019. I.e. Opiates, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Methamphetamines, Marijuana (THC) and Oxycodone.
- Instant results (only 2 – 3 minutes) and paperwork provided on the day of testing!
- Written report provided for all positive laboratory results
- Both male and female testing staff available to suit your requirements
- Policy assistance, implementation and guidance on regulations
Our professional and sensitive testing staff are all Nationally Accredited Drug Screening Officers trained in the latest Australian Standards AS/NZS4308:2008 and AS4760:2019.
Our testers have completed a comprehensive pathology training course in the correct procedures to follow under the Australian Standards.
Therefore, you can be assured that if any of your staff legally challenge the results, our procedure will not be questioned.
How long does it take to perform the testing?
The products used by First Aid Training Group are the latest in high-quality drug and alcohol testing devices. Drug testing devices utilise the latest “quick-wicking” technology.
This means we get highly accurate results on-the-spot! The testing times below include completion of all paperwork and performing the drug screening test;
- Oral Saliva testing takes an average of 7 minutes per person
- Urine testing takes an average of 8 minutes per person
- Alcohol breathalyser testing takes less than 1 minute!
How often should you perform testing on our staff?
The aim of drug and alcohol screening in a workplace is to minimise/eliminate the presence of drugs and alcohol in the work environment.
Hence, we recommend testing 30-50% of all staff in the initial 3-6 months. You will then be able to gauge the level of drug and alcohol use present in the workplace and devise a testing schedule to suit.
The aim is to eventually eliminate drug and alcohol use in the workplace to provide a safe, drug-free working environment for all employees.
Our partner laboratory is National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) certified to the latest testing protocols.